With our fantastic employee AJ Sullivan moving on to a new endeavour and the commencement of Canadian Shorthorn Association registry work in the New Year, we are seeking to find an additional Registry/Member Services Assistant to work on the Canadian Limousin Association team. Please don't delay in applying as the position will commence as soon as a suitable candidate has been found.
Registry/Member Services Assistant – Calgary, AB
Canadian Limousin Association
The Canadian Limousin Association (CLA) is a non-profit, member-owned organization. Our primary function is to maintain the pedigree herdbook of Limousin cattle in Canada. We also provide Registry/Member Services to the Canadian Shorthorn Association membership. As a Registry/Member Services Assistant at the Canadian Limousin Association, you’re at the heart of the day to day operations of the CLA. You assist members over the phone and via email on a daily basis, while also completing registry work in a timely manner. You move quickly with changing demands, and support the rest of the CLA team as requested. In addition to being organized and analytical, you possess strong judgement and communication skills needed to interact with a variety of people and job functions.
- Answer member questions and complete their requests in a pleasant and timely manner
- Complete registry work such as animal registrations, transfers, data entry and DNA work in a conscientious and timely manner
- Manage company and member records
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail
- Manage invoicing and bank deposits
- Assist the General Manager as requested
- Willingness to learn a new online registry system and the policies and procedures of the Canadian Limousin Association and Canadian Shorthorn Association
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, good keyboarding skills
- Excellent telephone and communication skills
- Ability to work very independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multi task, work quickly and efficiently in a fast paced environment
- Highly detail oriented, with strong organizational, planning and time management skills
- Conducts themselves in a professional manner, and able to keep information confidential
- Previous experience in the beef industry or with a breed association considered an asset but not required
- Ability to speak French considered an asset but not required
Both candidates seeking part time (minimum 3 days per week) as well as candidates seeking full time work will be considered. This position will commence as soon as a suitable candidate is found. Interested applicants may submit their resume and cover letter to Tessa Verbeek, Canadian Limousin Association General Manager at email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The position will remain open until a suitable candidate has been found.
The Canadian Limousin Association is located at #13, 4101-19 Street NE, Calgary, AB T2E 7C4. Candidates must be able to work in the office in Calgary.