As our wonderful employee, Dallas Wise has announced she will be leaving her position later this month we are looking to hire a new employee to fill the role of Registry& Member Services.
The Canadian Limousin Association (CLA) is a non-profit, member-owned organization. Our primary function is to maintain the pedigree herdbook of Limousin cattle in Canada. We also provide Registry/Member Services to the Canadian Shorthorn Association membership. As the CLA Registrar, you’re at the heart of the day to day operations of the CLA. You assist members over the phone and via email daily, while also completing registry work in a timely manner. You move quickly with changing demands and support the General Manager and the rest of the CLA team as requested. In addition to being organized and analytical, you possess strong judgment and communication skills needed to interact with a variety of people and job functions.
- Answer member questions and complete their requests in a pleasant and timely manner
- Complete registry work such as animal registrations, transfers, data entry and DNA work in a conscientious and timely manner
- Manage company and member records
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail
- Accounts Receivable
- Manage invoicing and bank deposits
- Assisting with social media, email blasts, website updates, and monthly newsletter
- Ordering of office supplies and promotional materials, maintenance of office equipment, handling issues with office supplies/equipment/procedures
- Assist General Manager as requested
- Willingness to learn online registry system and the policies and procedures of the Canadian Limousin Association and Canadian Shorthorn Association
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, good keyboarding skills
- Excellent telephone and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task, work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Highly detail-oriented, with strong organizational, planning and time management skills
- Conducts themselves in a professional manner, and able to keep the information confidential
- Previous experience in the beef industry or with a breed association, Adobe InDesign knowledge, ability to speak French
This is a full-time position. The candidate must be able to work in the Canadian Limousin Association office in Northeast Calgary. Some flexibility in terms of days and hours of work can be offered to a suitable candidate. Interested applicants may submit their resume and cover letter to
Laura Ecklund, Canadian Limousin Association General Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The position will remain open until a suitable candidate has been found.
The Canadian Limousin Association is located at #13, 4101-19 Street NE, Calgary, AB T2E 7C4.
Please visit our website www.limousin.com for full details about our Association.